Become a Volunteer Group
NDG hosts volunteer groups on a short-term basis, 1 week up to 3 weeks. The groups are of a minimum of 6 people and a maximum of 15 people who come to volunteer, learn from the Guatemalan culture and goes on wonderful adventures. Volunteer Groups are a great opportunity to enhance your understanding of Niños de Guatemala’s mission and help build a better future for the next generation of Guatemalans.
Our groups will live in Antigua and they will work directly at one of our schools (2 primary schools and 1 middle school) in communities called Ciudad Vieja and San Lorenzo El Cubo only 20-30 minutes away from Antigua. Groups will have the opportunity to share their skills and talents with our students, and the Niños de Guatemala staff.
The Volunteer Work Options for our groups are: Infrastructure: construction, or painting, Tutoring, Classroom Assistance, English Assistance, Artistic Expression Workshops, Sports Workshops and Summer School (Only in November).
Outside the schools your group can get off the beaten track and experience Guatemala’s wonderful, culture, people, adventures and landscapes. There are countless cultural, social and adventurous activities we can organize for you including Cooking classes, Salsa, Coffee Farm tours, Chocolate making, a visit to the Acatenango Volcano and much more.
Our goal is to help your trip be memorable, meaningful, and empowering.
Organizing a Volunteer Group
Each group must should assign a group leader who works closely with Niños de Guatemala’s Volunteer team to design the trip, manage the arrangements, and provide fundraising support.
Our flexible program can host many different types of groups: churches, businesses, families, high schools, colleges, universities, sororities, fraternities and civic clubs find the Volunteer Group experience rewarding and fulfilling.
The Volunteer Group cost
- $200 “Volunteer Application fee” paid online at time of application.
- 30 days before your group´s scheduled arrival date you have to pay the rest of your “Volunteer Group Package”, which you can choose from the NDG Volunteer Group Catalogue. Our packages include some of the following services:
- Airport transfers
- Homestay (including all meals)
- Snacks for volunteer days
- Social/Cultural activities (eg Salsa Classes, Coffee Farm Tour etc.)
- Daily local transport to worksite
- Spanish lessons
- Experience Guatemala Tours
- NDG t-shirts
- $250 donation per group member to help break the cycle of poverty through our 3 schools and 500 students.
- Read our International Volunteer Group Catalogue.
- Complete and submit the “Volunteer Group Application Form” online.
- Pay the one-time, non-refundable $200 “Volunteer Application Fee” online (please select ‘Volunteer Application Fee’ as the project).
- Online meeting (Skype) with the Niños de Guatemala Volunteer team.
For more information about Volunteer Groups Program please contact our Volunteer and Groups Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.