Volunteer and Groups Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
The Volunteer & Groups Assistant will contribute to the Volunteer & Groups Department at Ninos de Guatemala. This long-term volunteer or internship position is responsible for working alongside the Volunteer Assistant, supporting the Volunteer and Groups Manager, and the Volunteer for a Day program.
- Ensure a positive volunteer and service team experience and create a fun, safe, and social environment.
- Convert volunteers and groups to long-term partners of Ninos de Guatemala, actively at every stage of their volunteer journey.
- Coordinate group activities whilst they are in-country and remain on call during their visit.
- Organise and attend weekly volunteer social activities in and around Antigua such as Salsa classes, museum visits, and more.
- Maintain a constant, motivational, and engaging correspondence with past, future, and potential groups and volunteers in order to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Carry out new volunteer and groups orientations and school and staff introductions.
- Provide on-site school and on the ground support and problem solving for both volunteers and groups.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with volunteers of different ages and backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Passionate, positive and energetic personality
- Demonstrated experience managing groups and/or volunteers
- Dedication to NDG’s mission and oriented to its goals, love for children and education.
- Mentorship with opportunities for professional growth
- Frequent opportunities for internal capacity-building and on-going professional development
- An international, multi-cultural work environment.
- Opportunity to have an impact in the lives of Guatemala’s children
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Volunteer and Groups Assistant” in the subject field. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and candidates will be invited for a digital interview.