Niños de Guatemala is looking for independent, energetic, and personable individuals to serve as guides for the Experience Guatemala tours which are offered of our premises in Ciudad Vieja and San Lorenzo el Cubo. 100% of tour profits go directly to Niños de Guatemala schools. Our tours consist of visiting these local, non-touristic towns where we provide education for children who otherwise would not have access to it. Before visiting the schools, we visit local workshops, which are examples of the important local industries in that town, to give insight into the daily life of these families. Tours are offered Monday through Saturday, departing Antigua at 8AM and returning by 12pm and 1pm-5pm, and are scheduled based on demand. Tours are conducted in English or Spanish with Spanish-English translation required for tour participants so fluency in both languages is required.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Niños de Guatemala (NDG) is a Dutch-Guatemalan NGO located in La Antigua, Guatemala. NDG provides underprivileged children with an education and empowers communities in marginalized areas by providing education extending beyond the traditional classroom across three levels: students, families, and the larger community. NDG runs two primary schools and a secondary school for over 500 Guatemalan children who would otherwise not have been able to go to Students and their families receive social work, psychology, nutrition, and health services/support.
- Lead tours of NDG premises in Ciudad Vieja and San Lorenzo el Cubo and other local areas
- Serve as a Spanish-English translator for tour participants
- Promote NDG´s additional programs child sponsorship, volunteering, and social businesses
- General availability Monday through Saturday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM
- Fluent in English and Spanish & Commitment of 3-months or greater
- Some tourism and/or customer service experience
- Some knowledge of Guatemala and local areas surrounding Antigua
- A responsible, enthusiastic and independent work attitude
- Dedication to NDG´s mission and its goals
- Full training prior to leading tours independently
- Continued support from the organization throughout the duration of the position
- The opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Guatemalan children and families
- Letters of Recommendation
Interested applicants may email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing their interest and qualifications and should include a phone number for contact.