Niños de Guatemala is searching for a Fundraising Coordinator to join our small but high-impact and passionate team of changemakers to help us achieve our mission.
The overall mission of the NGO Niños de Guatemala (NDG) is to help build a better future for Guatemala. NDG aims to do this through providing Guatemalan disadvantaged children and youth with education and opportunities to develop themselves. To achieve this Niños de Guatemala runs three schools providing quality education to over 500 students.
The position of Fundraising Coordinator will be part of the Fundraising Department which has its offices in Antigua.
As the Fundraising Coordinator you will be responsible to develop, assist and cultivate relationships in the U.S. and other countries. You will also help organize events or activities assigned by the Head of Fundraising. You will work alongside other members of the Fundraising team and will be supporting actions such as donor recruitment, development, cultivation, activation, events, grant opportunities, sponsorship communications and fundraising visits, among others.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and cultivate relationships at national and international level.
- Actively promote and constantly expand the Sponsorship Program and NDG support.
- Be part of the implementation of plans and strategies to increase funds for the organization.
- Support the implementation of new systems for communications, registration of donors and payments.
- Doing research on and developing new opportunities for fundraising in coordination with the Head of FR.
- Edit ongoing communications to sponsors and donors.
- Cultivate sponsor relationships and promote problem solution.
- Diversify and grow existing donor revenue streams, increasing individual giving, reconnecting with previous donors, increasing our current donor base and cultivating major gifts
- Coordinate and carry out activities at the schools related to fundraising and sponsorship.
- Support corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs.
- Manage a personal portfolio of prospects.
- Research prospects in coordination with the Volunteer Department,
- Coordinate with members of the Fundraising Department, Social Business Department, Volunteer Department, and other areas of the organization.
For more information please visit www.ninosdeguatemala.org
- University degree with a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Proven fundraising experience for a range of projects.
- Adequate writing skills in English.
- Able to achieve high standards with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, result oriented and target driven.
- Strong social, communicative and diplomatic skills.
- Preferably bilingual English/Spanish. U.S. native is preferred..
- Willing to make a minimum of 1-yr commitment to living in Guatemala.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite and fundraising-related softwares.
- A locally-competitive monthly compensation
- Opportunities for internal capacity-building and on-going professional development
- An international, multicultural work environment
- The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit
of Guatemalan children.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, and a letter of motivation to Ana Lucía Mijangos at email@example.com before June 30, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and candidates will be invited for an interview.