Event Management Internship
Start Date: ASAP
NGO Niños de Guatemala – La Antigua Guatemala
The mission of Niños de Guatemala is to build a better future for Guatemalan children through education. To continue its mission, the Fundraising Department is looking for a new Event Management Intern for 10-20 hours per week. This position will work closely with senior staff to design fun, exciting events that help the organization meet its fundraising goals.
The Event Management Intern is an unpaid internship position that assists the Fundraising Team with event planning. Based in Antigua, Guatemala, the intern will be responsible for planning and implementing event logistics, reaching out to local partners, and helping the team meet fundraising goals. As an international nonprofit, NDG has a strong presence in the Netherlands, a branch in France, a US Board, and is expanding in Guatemala. Wider national and international recognition is a high priority for the organization, and increased fundraising metrics will help meet our exciting program goals for 2019.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
- Designing and implementing creative ideas in collaboration with Fundraising Team
- We are seeking top level, organized, team oriented, talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation and implementation for this year’s fundraising events
- Studies preferably in communication, event management, event planning, marketing, public administration or non-profit management
- Experience with fundraising events
- Excellent English and basic to intermediate Spanish
- A responsible, creative and independent work attitude
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work full-time in Guatemala for at least 3 months
- Ability to support oneself financially for the duration of the internship, this position does not include a financial compensation.
- Dedication to NDG’s mission and orientation to its goals
- Weekly meetings with direct supervisor
- Frequent opportunities for internal capacity-building and on-going professional development
- The opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Guatemalan children
- Working hours Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 to 5 p.m.
- The possibility to take 10 hours of at-cost Spanish classes during the internship
- Letter of recommendation
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Event Management Intern” in the subject field. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and candidates will be invited for a digital interview.