NGO Niños de Guatemala – La Antigua Guatemala
Starting date: As soon as possible
The mission of Niños de Guatemala is to build a better future for Guatemalan children through education. To continue its mission, the Fundraising and Development Department is looking for two Communications Interns for 20 hours per week.
The Communications Officer is an unpaid internship position that promotes the organisation’s image locally and internationally. Currently, NDG has a strong presence in the Netherlands, a branch in France, is expanding in Guatemala, and recently registered in the US. Wider national and international recognition is a high priority for the Niños de Guatemala. The Communications Officer will work under the supervision and coaching of the Donations Manager of FDD.
– Update the website (through a user-friendly interface software).
– Update NDG profiles on social networks (Facebook, Twitter) with information about NDG, Guatemala, events, education, etc.
– Write and design the monthly newsletter.
– Actively network with publications and organizations in Guatemala and abroad.
– Help organize and promote fundraising events.
– Assist in the implementation of a new CRM system.
– Design brochures, flyers, posters, and other promotional materials for various programs of NDG.
– Document daily activities and special events through photos and videos.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– University studies preferably in communication, journalism, marketing, business, public administration, non-profit management
– A responsible, creative and independent work attitude
– Proficient computer skills
– Availability to work full-time in Guatemala for a minimum of 3 months – with an extension of up to 1 year
– Ability to support oneself financially for the duration of the internship
– Dedication to NDG’s mission and orientation to its goals
– Excellent English and Moderate-Intermediate Spanish
– This position should be considered a volunteer position.
– Weekly meetings with direct supervisor
– Frequent opportunities for internal capacity-building and on-going professional development
– The opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
– The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Guatemalan children
– Working hours Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or from 1 to 5 p.m.
– Letters of recommendation
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Communications Intern” in the subject field. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.